A successful online project is one which carefully balances challenge with convention.
The trick is knowing when to push, and when to hold back – not being different for the sake of it and always keeping your audience at the forefront of your mind. We want to make sure our clients keep ahead of the competition, but recognise that it’s imperative to choose the moment when to be innovative and novel and never to lose site of the basics.
We'll approach all projects by looking at the critical functionality first - concentrating on what you need to make your site successful. With larger projects, this can sometimes mean adopting a phased approach - staggering functionality. Hopefully, that's good news for those all important end users. Not to mention your budget, your timescales and your blood pressure!
How do we go about this?
Effective project management is key to the success of our projects. "Process" is often treated as a dirty word in this industry; the opposite of creativity. At 7dots, our processes are precisely what provide us with the framework to find creative solutions to problems.
How does our process work?
Short answer: it very much depends on the project!
However, taking a typical website build, it's likely to follow something like this:
- Consult with you to find out what you want to do, when you want to do it and what your budget is
- Advise you on our recommendations, including how we'll run the project, time scales, cost implications for different solutions, etc.
- Produce initial design concepts for, typically, a homepage and a subpage
- Work with your comments to nail the final designs
- Build HTML templates so you can get a feel for how the "flat" designs look online
- "Make it work" - the nuts and bolts!
- Our own testing - we'll make sure it's all been thoroughly tested before handing over to you
- Provide a staging environment for you to test and populate with content
- Tweak following your feedback
- Post launch support and snagging