SEO Executive position for 7dots Smarter
7dots Smarter is 7dots’ specialist traffic and demand generation division. We are focused on search and inbound activity that drive traffic, create content and ultimately generate more conversions. Now part of the 7dots group, we have been delivering cutting edge, effective and results-driven search solutions since 2009.
At a day-to-day level, we are involved in all aspects of search: SEO, strategy, content marketing, PPC, paid social, data and analytics. Our success comes from an initial desire to learn how a specific business works in its marketplace, what makes its target customers tick and then tailoring a search solution accordingly.
Our clients include Fiorelli, JLT, St Mary’s University, Livingbridge, Mela Mela, Darlings of Chelsea.
About the position
Job title: SEO Executive
Contract length: Permanent
Location: Kingston upon Thames
Applications: send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to recruit a motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter to join our search team based in Kingston upon Thames.
Working closely with Smarter’s managing director, your role is integral to the optimisation and project delivery process. You will be involved throughout projects, from client consultation and data analysis through to keyword research and content strategy delivery.
The role provides responsibility and the ability to work across search disciplines, sectors and on a variety of clients. All we ask in return is enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved!
Projects vary in size considerably and frequently have a relatively fast turnaround. You will need to be able to self-manage your own time effectively and you will need to become proficient at multi-tasking. Like any small company, you get the benefits of flexibility and variety – but don’t be surprised if you find yourself getting involved in all sorts of non-core activities!
Typical day to day activities
- Analysing client requirements and helping to define project scope – goals, deliverables, schedule, resources and budget.
- Using various search tools; monitor search project progress.
- Conduct content outreach and site seeding.
- Manage the progress of search projects, tracking tasks and managing client expectations.
- Creating and distributing periodic SEO reports to clients - highlighting key insights and making considered search recommendations.
- Liaising with internal teams to highlight search-specific project considerations.
- Explaining search theory to clients and applying it to client-specific problems.
- Managing and optimising paid search accounts.
- Developing client-specific SEO strategies and planning periodic SEO updates.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of planned SEO tasks.
- Keyword research - using a variety of SEO tools to conduct client/project-specific keyword research.
- Competitor research - using a variety of tools to highlight competitor insights and make considered recommendations based on data.
- Propose metadata recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Propose content recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Work alongside other 7dots team members to define content ideas.
- Conduct technical SEO audits.
- Map redirects for content decommission or site migration projects.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in search.
Skills and experience
We’re looking for the right person and fit within our organisation – it’s more about potential than just ticking the right boxes in terms of proven skills and expertise. However, there are some criteria which are essential.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to deal with clients directly in an effective, responsive and helpful manner.
- Good leadership skills – the ability to “push back” both internally and externally, not bury your head in the sand when the going gets tough, but also be sympathetic to the differing demands of clients and internal teams.
- A genuine enthusiasm for search and its continual evolution.
- A genuine interest understand the competitive advantage aspects of paid and natural search and a desire to apply them to projects.
- The ability to problem solve and learn new processes quickly.
- A good eye for detail.
Nice to haves
- Prior client or agency-side experience in a search role.
- Experience monitoring, managing and optimising paid search campaigns.
- Experience using search tools and applying them to specific projects.
- Inbound and content outreach experience.
- Experience conducting keyword and competitor research.
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected SEO trends.
- Experience with open source systems and applications, such as WordPress, Joomla, SilverStripe, Magento.
In return for your hard work and achievements, we offer a generous holiday allowance, regular salary reviews, occasional company get-togethers, your birthday off, a positive working environment with excellent coffee, and the directors encourage a reasonable work-life balance for everyone.
Say hello: email@example.com