New global website for the domain strategy specialists
7dots have been working for NetNames for over 5 years, originally delivering a multi-language campaign website. NetNames subsequently asked 7dots to adopt their global website and make a wide range of incremental changes before commissioning a complete rebuild in 2016. The intention was to bring the website fully up to date and migrate into a better optimised content management system.
7dots were appointed to project manage the overall project - leading the planning process, project managing its own team of developers, as well as external design, SEO and content resources.
What we did
- The website was built in SilverStripe - a highly flexible, open source CMS.
- Simple and easy to use content administration - providing an effective way to showcase NetNames’ thought leadership across the site through dynamic, related content.
- The design and setup is fully responsive, optimised for tablet and mobile devices.
- Modular template approach, so the business wasn’t stuck with a limited number of predefined templates.
- Focus on lead generation, with optimised calls to action and data capture forms throughout the website.
- Ability to support multi-region, multi-campaign sites within one CMS, managed by different regional/campaign teams if required.
- Security, speed, and the ability to integrate with third party systems (CRM).
- SEO migration strategy and implementation, content optimisation and comprehensive Google Analytics / Google Tag Manager setup.
- Very positive feedback from both the business and external clients.
- Increased engagement from NetNames employees - including enthusiasm to help produce thought leadership content for the new website.
- Increase in traffic and all major user behaviour metrics:
- Organic traffic up 18%
- Social referrals up 93%
- Mobile traffic up 500%
- Tablet traffic up 360%
- Desktop traffic up 75%
- Goal conversions up 13% (brand audits up 600% during launch campaign)
- Overall visits to .com are up 170% compared to 2015
"7dots have shown themselves to be an exemplary partner during the rebuild of the new NetNames Global website. Having dealt with a large variety of agencies in the past and launched numerus websites, this was certainly one of the smoothest and most efficient I’ve been involved with. The project was managed extremely well from start to finish and I absolutely wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.”
Mark Allat, Marketing Director, NetNames